These are the Terms and Conditions of booking which will apply to your
Please take the time to read the items below, they are important.
If there is ANYTHING you don't understand please contact us.
- Details in any publicity, other than these Terms and Conditions, do not form part of the contract.
- We provide leaflets, brochures, websites, etc for your information and to enable you to make an informed decision regarding whether you may wish to book or not, however you should read these Terms and Conditions before making your final decision.
- The holidays advertised are originated and operated by Brenta Ski Ltd, shown below as “BSL"
- In the items below “you" and “your" refers to all adults named on the booking and to the parents or legal guardian of any children named on the booking.
- A booking is made when we receive a booking either via the post, by telephone, by hand or electronically, with deposit (or full payment if travelling within 80 days of booking) and we confirm the holiday with a Holiday Confirmation form.
- If you are a parent making a booking for a child (a person under 18 years old on the 1st date of travel) your booking confirms that you have accepted all of these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the child.
- At any time before the holiday is confirmed BSL may alter any part of the holiday or decline the booking. The Agreement
- When you book a holiday with BSL and we send you a Holiday Confirmation, a contract is formed between you and BSL, which is subject exclusively to English law and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- No-one, other than a Director of BSL, may alter this contract.
- Each booking has a group leader.
- If this is a single person booking then that person is the group leader, if there is more than one person on the booking then the group should nominate one person as the group leader.
- All correspondence will be sent to the group leader.
- You understand that the nature of this foreign holiday means that it is subject to alterations in such matters as times and itineraries, services offered, etc.
- Paying for your holiday
- Any money you owe to BSL for the holiday must be paid by the due date, which is 80 days prior to departure.
- If full payment is not made, BSL may cancel the holiday and apply the cancellation charges.
- If you change your booking
- A fee to cover the cost of administration will be charged plus any additional costs incurred by BSL.
- If you can not travel BSL may, at our discretion, allow you to transfer the booking to another person.
- BSL will only accept the transfer if all suppliers (e.g. airlines, hotels, etc) will accept the change and the person receiving the booking makes a payment of £40 (if more than 80 days prior to departure) or £80 (if 80 days or less to departure) in addition to any other incurred costs.
- Supply of information by you to BSL.
- Parents of children, who will be under the age of 16 when they arrive in resort, are required to supply a clear and readable copy of the details page of the child's passport. Should this copy not be supplied, no later than 80 days prior to arrival, the child will not be issued with a Lift Pass.
- Ski or Snowboard equipment. BSL will, if you have requested them to do so, supply you with various equipment such as a set of skis or a snowboard and a pair of boots providing that you supply your height, weight and boot size no later than 80 days prior to your departure date. Should you not provide this information, at least 80 days prior to your arrival in resort, it will confirm that you will be providing your own equipment and BSL will not be responsible for the provision and will not make any refund to you for un-used facilities.
- Lift Pass. BSL will, if you have requested them to do so, supply you with Lift Pass providing that you supply the information required on the API form (see number 4 below). This is required as the Gender and Date of Birth are also required by the lift pass companies in each resort. Should you not provide this information, at least 80 days prior to your arrival in resort, it will confirm that you will be providing your own lift pass and BSL will not be responsible for the provision and will not make any refund to you for un-used facilities.
- Flights and coach transfers. BSL will, if you have requested them to do so, supply you with various flights and coach transfers providing that you supply all information required under the Advanced Passenger Information (API) regulations and any other information required by the airline, airport authorities, government departments or any other body requiring information or details no later than 80 days prior to your departure date. Should you not provide this information or details, at least 80 days prior to your arrival in resort, it will confirm that you will be providing your own flights and airport transfers and BSL will not be responsible for the provision and will not make any refund to you for un-used facilities.
- BSL will provide a mechanism for you to supply any information required. Full details will be included within your holiday confirmation
- It is your responsibility to provide the information shown in this section.
- If your passport is due to run out prior to your departure date you should arrange for this to be exchanged before 80 days prior to your departure date.
- Parents may give an estimate of their children’s sizes.
- You will receive a confirmation once the information has been received. If you do not receive such a confirmation this means that you have not supplied it. The act of you attempting to supply information is not the same as BSL receiving it. If you have any doubts whether certain information has been Travel requirements
- You should not forward a booking form until you have checked that you have a passport, that is valid for the full period of your holiday and that you are able to obtain the relevant visas (if required). a. You are required to supply your passport details to the airline in compliance with the Advanced Passenger Information regulations
- When you apply to book a holiday you are confirming that you have no pre-existing medical problems that may in any way affect your participation and that you will inform BSL should a condition become apparent once the booking has been accepted.
- You confirm that you will obtain all inoculations (if required).
- You fully understand that there are risks of injury and even death involved in any form of travel and winter sport activities which may include skiing Insurance
- You must obtain (if we do not supply it) suitable insurance cover relevant to a skiing holiday as soon as you receive the Holiday Confirmation from us, this insurance should provide cover for such items as (in additions to others) cancellation, injury, skiing activities, lost or stolen baggage etc. Airlines and Baggage
- You must adhere to any weight restrictions placed on your luggage by the airline transporting you.
- You may not carry any ski boots as hand luggage.
- You must adhere to any and all restrictions imposed on which items and types of baggage may be carried in both your hold luggage and hand luggage at the time of travel by the airline, airport and the Civil Aviation Authority.
- You must arrive at the airport in time to catch your flight.
- Skis may only be carried on board an aircraft if they have been pre-booked with BSL.
- You must obey all terms and conditions of the airline transporting you.
- In the case of contravention of any of the items in this section, no refund will be payable from BSL should you be denied boarding either by the airline or the airport authorities. BSL responsibilities
- The cost of the holiday.
- We publish our prices in good faith but mistakes do sometimes occur during the design, publication and printing process. In this case we will rectify the mistake as soon as it becomes apparent.
- The price we advertise is, to the best of our knowledge, accurate at the time of publishing, but we reserve the right to alter this price by either an increase or a reduction. This is most likely due to be caused by such things as currency conversion fluctuations, government intervention such as a reduction or increases in taxes, airline fuel surcharges, airport charges, etc.
- We will inform you as soon as we can if the cost of the holiday has altered by a reduction or increase.
- The cost of your holiday is guaranteed not to rise by more than 10% other than if due to currency fluctuations.
- If we need to increase the cost of the holiday by more than 10% other than if due to currency fluctuations, you may cancel the holiday and we will refund all money paid, other than the proportion of the costs which has been used to pay for an insurance policy (if supplied).
- If you wish to cancel the holiday due to a, non-currency rate fluctuation, increase of more than 10% you must do so in writing within 14 days of receiving the notice of increased costs.
- Currency fluctuations affecting Lift pass and Hotel costs
- Lift Pass and hotels are booked by us each year well in advance. We use the approximate average exchange rate for the past Ten Years to work out the sales costs for our holidays. For holidays departing after 1st December 2016 the rate we have used is Pound/Euro = 1.3. If the rate, current on the date we send you your final invoice, is different from this, the final amount you are required to pay may be lower or higher than shown on the holiday confirmation.
- The cost (in Euros) is displayed on the lift pass company website. Hotels are priced at €400 per person
Air Tour Organiser's Licence ( ATOL)
- BSL holds an ATOL (number 6836).
- In the unlikely event of our ceasing trading, the Civil Aviation Authority will ensure you are (if abroad) repatriated.
- All monies paid by you for the holiday package (or flights if appropriate) are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority.
- All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. For further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate
- “If BSL, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme." If BSL cancels your holiday
- In the unlikely event of your holiday being cancelled by us you will receive a full refund of all money paid to us.
- Exclusion from a holiday
If our senior representative in resort decides that your actions or behaviour are, or may, affect your safety or the safety or enjoyment of the holiday by any other people on the holiday you may be excluded from the holiday.
- If you are aggressive, violent or offensive to a member of our staff or those of our sub-contractors you may be excluded from the holiday.
- If you commit an illegal act whilst on the holiday you will be excluded from the remaining sections and BSL will cease to have any responsibility for you.
- In all cases of exclusion from a holiday.
- No payment will be made by BSL for any unused sections of your holiday.
- In the event of you being excluded from the holiday, BSL will pay your costs e.g. hotel, flights, etc up to the time of your exclusion. After this time you will be required to pay all and any cost incurred should you choose to remain in a foreign country.
- In the event of you being excluded from the holiday BSL will not be liable to provide any service to you e.g. airport transfers, resort representative support duties, etc.
- Cancellation Charges
If you cancel your booking, the following charges will be made, as a percentage of the total cost of your holiday.
- 80 days or more prior to departure; loss of deposit
- 79 to 60 days prior to departure; 40%
- 59 to 40 days prior to departure; 60%
- Less than 40 days prior to departure; 100%
• Note - The above amounts are always claimed and payable but there is no need to pay a cancellation fee (other than your initial deposit).
• Note - Please ensure that, to avoid extra payments, if you can not participate in the holiday you have booked that you cancel at least 81 days prior to your expected departure date.
• Note - As stated above in Item 18, you must obtain insurance against cancellation as soon your booking is confirmed.
Events beyond our control
- We will try whenever possible to provide the holiday as described in the promotional literature but, due to the nature of travel to foreign countries this may not always be possible, or advisable, due to events outside our control. These can include, amongst others: war, threat of war, civil disturbances, terrorist activity or threat of terrorist activity, cancellations or changes to flights by airlines or on government orders, problem with airports such as closure or congestion, strikes in the UK or abroad, foreign political situations, natural disaster, epidemics, financial failure of an airline company, etc.
- If your holiday is affected by any event beyond our control then BSL will make every effort to (prior to departure) inform you of the problem and make alternative arrangements or (whilst you are on holiday) make arrangements for you to continue your holiday or to return to the UK.
- In these circumstances BSL will not make any refund to you, so you should ensure that your holiday insurance policy covers these, and other eventualities.
- It is important that you understand that we will make every effort to provide the holiday as booked but in some circumstances this may simply not be possible.
Please do take the time to contact us should you have any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions.